Learning Disabilities Tutoring
Tutoring in San Diego for kids and teens with ADHD and/or Learning Disabilities
Many of the children in San Diego that we work with have mild to severe learning disabilities and special needs. Club Xcite, LLC works together with parents, teachers, psychiatrists and other professionals to structure a program that will help your child improve in the skills that he/she needs. Children with learning disabilities and special needs such as ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, auditory or visual processing disorders, need more personalized attention to help them stay focused, comprehend and practice the concepts or activities. Many of the Club Xcite special needs tutors have experience working with children with learning challenges. They are extremely patient and know how to involve children in fun and captivating games as well as motivate them to reach their goals.
Children with learning disabilities very often have low self confidence. They hear teachers or others comment on their negative performance academically, behaviorally or socially and it affects the child’s confidence. Our San Diego tutors are extremely encouraging and structure a program where the child can see progress and feel good about himself/herself. Our tutors also give a surplus of positive feedback in order to really build their confidence. Coming from a young, “cool” third person, it means a tremendous amount to the child.
When a child gains more and more confidence in himself/herself dramatic social, academic and athletic changes take place in school and at home.
We believe that children need a good balance between performing well academically and enjoying social outdoor activities. Once the homework or studying is done, our tutors take a mentoring approach of getting children away from the T.V., videogames, and computers, and getting them back outdoors playing with others their age.
Club Xcite Tutors in San Diego have experience with children or teens who:
- Have difficulty focusing on schoolwork (hyperactivity or executive functioning)
- Lack motivation academically, athletically or socially
- Have mild to severe learning disabilities (from ADD to Autism)
- Have other disabilities (speech, hearing, vision)
- Exhibit behavioral problems
- Have a hard time interacting with others
- Motor difficulties
- Language difficulties
- Reading and writing difficulties
- Auditory and Visual difficulties
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- making/keeping friends
- Traumatic Experiences
- mood disorders (bi-polar)
- behavioral challenges
- defiant behavior
- executive function and organizational challenges
- social difficulties
- emotional difficulties
- anger management
- speech impediments
- adopted children with challenges
- children of single parent households
- body image/esteem struggles
- athletic/recreational struggles
- sensory processing disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Developmental Disabilities
- Physical disabilities
- Medically fragile children
- Low Self-Confidence
- Any other special needs
- Do you preform background checks on your mentors?
- How much do you charge for your services?
- Can I choose my own mentor?
Camp Rise Above in San Diego
Public Event Summer Camp - Clubxcite offers specialized summer camps for children and teens who thrive in a small group environment. The focus of o...6/24/2013 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Lego Building and Animation Camp in San Diego
Public Event Summer Camp - Is your child crazy about Legos? This camp is the perfect choice! Campers are put to the challenge to create new Lego pr...6/24/2013 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Mini Tennis and Sports Camp in San Diego
Public Event Summer Camp - 7/8 – 7/19 9am-12pm Mini Tennis and Sports Camp 2 weeks! $525 With the use of special tennis equipment, children l...7/8/2013 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- NEWS RELEASE: ( November 26, 2010 ) Mentorship comes full circle for San Diego Pair Author: ClubXcite
- NEWS RELEASE: ( November 26, 2010 ) Students ‘Xcited’ to work with mentors Author: ClubXcite
- NEWS RELEASE: ( November 26, 2010 ) Changing Lives, One at a Time Author: ClubXcite
Phone: (858) 779.9674