1-on-1 Homework Coaching
Getting homework done, reviewing concepts from school, exercising, and having the company and support of friends are all important to a student’s psyche. Some students in San Diego may have a harder time establishing and managing these responsibilities and a one one one tutor / mentor can provide the structured and balanced approach to make after-school hours both productive and fun.
The San Diego Homework coaching program is designed for elementary or middle school students who are falling behind in school and need extra support. As children move up in grade levels the concepts become more difficult, homework load increases and some of the student’s old study and organizational habits may need to be adjusted. Students who haven’t made these personal adjustments are at risk of falling behind academically. A child or teen may struggle paying attention in class, have learning disabilities, lack confidence, motivation or be resilient to getting homework done correctly. For these students our Academic Tutoring program is a good solution with a serious approach to getting a child back on track academically but in a fun and encouraging way. Our program provides a fun college aged mentor who can pick the child up from school, support and encourage him/her to complete homework, tutor the child in areas of weakness and promote the child’s strengths, all in a fun environment. As an incentive they can spend the rest of the mentoring session playing sports or doing fun recreational activities. For high school students or older teens who need strictly tutoring support our San Diego Tutoring program would be a better fit.
The key to our success is our one-on-one approach, 2-3 times a week, using quality San Diego tutors / mentors to fuse academic tutoring, athletic, and social development. As a student gains increased confidence in himself/herself dramatic social, academic, and athletic changes take place in school and at home.
Club Xcite tutors / mentors can provide the following services in San Diego:
- Transportation from school to the house (if needed)
- Making sure homework gets done correctly
- Study skills and organizational coaching
- One-on-one academic tutoring in problem areas
- Coaching your child in different sports and outdoor activities
- Building character and instilling positive values
- Academic, athletic and social performance tracking
- Do you preform background checks on your mentors?
- How can I become a mentor?
- Can I choose my own mentor?
Camp Rise Above in San Diego
Public Event Summer Camp - Clubxcite offers specialized summer camps for children and teens who thrive in a small group environment. The focus of o...6/24/2013 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Lego Building and Animation Camp in San Diego
Public Event Summer Camp - Is your child crazy about Legos? This camp is the perfect choice! Campers are put to the challenge to create new Lego pr...6/24/2013 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Mini Tennis and Sports Camp in San Diego
Public Event Summer Camp - 7/8 – 7/19 9am-12pm Mini Tennis and Sports Camp 2 weeks! $525 With the use of special tennis equipment, children l...7/8/2013 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- NEWS RELEASE: ( November 26, 2010 ) Mentorship comes full circle for San Diego Pair Author: ClubXcite
- NEWS RELEASE: ( November 26, 2010 ) Students ‘Xcited’ to work with mentors Author: ClubXcite
- NEWS RELEASE: ( November 26, 2010 ) Changing Lives, One at a Time Author: ClubXcite
Phone: (858) 779.9674